The Key Account Manager (KAM) is responsible for sales to the North American Swine Industry and serves as the primary representative for International Ingredient Corporations’ product portfolio to customers and prospects. This position focuses on growing IIC brands, developing customer alliances, and achieving both short- and long-term sales objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and grow the IIC swine business with a customer-focused approach.
- Create and execute key account plans to achieve sales goals and company objectives.
- Maintain a superior level of product knowledge and ability to communicate the benefits to all key accounts.
- Attend industry scientific meetings and other trade shows to promote IIC brands and engage with customers, prospects, and key decision-makers.
- Work closely with IIC customer service, quality, R&D, purchasing, and all other relevant departments to fulfill customers’ product needs.
- Travel to all key accounts on a frequent basis. Overall travel up to 50% of the time.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform related tasks or special projects as requested.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL LEVEL
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Animal Science is required.
- Minimum 5 years of key account sales experience in the swine industry with demonstrated performance success.
- Candidate should have an understanding of swine animal husbandry, current management practices, nutritional guidelines, and general industry knowledge.
- Basic command of making nutritional and feeding recommendations.
- Ability to support multiple tasks, initiatives, and projects simultaneously.
- Maintain a personal level of accountability and ownership of results. Self-motivated and thrives on challenges.
- Ability to work as a member of an account team to accomplish overall company goals.
- Proficient computer skills.
- No direct reports.
- Assist in the training of new hires in the IIC sales department.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB
- Lift 25 lbs.
- Carry 25 lbs.
- Bend/Stoop – as necessary.
- Climb/Work at Heights – as necessary.
- Reach above shoulder level – as necessary.
- Push/Pull – as necessary.
- Squat/Crouch – as necessary.
Send your resume to email@example.com to apply or Apply Online.