We are looking for a candidate to manage the domestic Sales Department and all activities related to the successful domestic sale of all IIC and related products in such a manner that all long-term sales volume, margin, expense control, and profit goals are met or exceeded. To manage the relationship with all assigned national accounts in such a manner that sales goals for these accounts are met or exceeded.
- Plan and direct all IIC domestic sales activities.
- Sell or oversee the sales of all IIC products within the US.
- Plan and carry out all domestic IIC marketing activities.
- Negotiate and complete domestic sales transactions and contracts on behalf of the company.
- Staff the domestic Sales Department according to budget and plan.
- Travel as required and according to budget to further sales results.
- Determine and manage specific domestic marketing activities including domestic trade shows, print advertising, and collateral advertising materials.
- Provide leadership in all domestic sales training activities for the company.
- Request company technical support as required for domestic sales activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop the annual domestic sales department budgets, objectives, and related plans.
- Generate domestic sales of IIC and related products to meet or exceed annual sales volume and margin budgets and other plans.
- Manage the relationship with assigned national accounts to generate sales and margin to exceed budgeted levels.
- Control all domestic sales-related expenses to within approved budgeted levels.
- Continually generate new customers in targeted domestic markets to assure the stability and growth of the company’s sales efforts.
- Staff the domestic Sales Department with sufficient highly effective and professional people according to approved budget and plans.
- Travel with each domestic salesperson to visit customers at least three times per year.
- Assist the Credit Manager with all domestic collection efforts for accounts receivable.
- Work closely with the Customer Service department in a manner consistent with all company goals and plans.
- Write and submit a monthly Domestic Sales Department report indicting, sales volume results, margins, and expenses as compared to budget and the previous year.
- Update the General Manager on an ongoing basis, of all sales-related activities, including current and potential successes and problems.
- Assure that all company Domestic Sales Department files are maintained in a professional manner.
- Conduct professional sales training meetings with the domestic sales team at least two times per year.
- Assure that all domestic advertising and marketing expenses are completed as budgeted, in a professional manner. (Trade shows, print media, and collateral adv.)
- Perform related tasks and special projects as requested.
- The Domestic Territory Managers report to the Sales Manager.
REQUIRED TRAINING & EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in business or animal nutrition, or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years sales experience
- Minimum of 3 years sales management experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL LEVEL
- Self-motivated individual who can accomplish tasks without constant oversight.
- Strong knowledge of the animal and pet food industry.
- A minimum of seven years of sales experience.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or Apply Online.